Monday, October 14, 2013

It's almost been a year since I have blogged.....

As I was about to start a brand "new" crisp, blog, my old blog page came up. I decided it was much easier to stick with this one. Will I do a blog name change and page layout?  Huge possibility! It just made me smile that even though I may have had one reader in the past, it was nice to look back on some of my posts and what I was doing and how much Delaney has grown!

I could probably count upto five blogs I have started throughout college and  at different points of my life. I do like to write and express myself, no doubt, but, when you look at things from different perspectives, it really changes how you look at things in general. In this instance, I am referring to blogging.  Come on now, if you are an avid blogger, who doesn't want to be the next "Carrie" on Sex and the City, or Julia Child, food enthusiast, or let alone, another  awesome "mom" blogger to show off how awesome a craft was and  that she can meal plan like none other??!  In reality, it doesn't matter if I am a New York Times Bestseller, or if I have an audience of one, that is better than no one. I  really need to stick to that this time.

And while I am blogging about my non-blogging existence,  social media just gets redundant; it has become second nature to us. We have all tried to stray away from it, but I think it really is just a huge generational change that is probably sticking around for a while. I kind of look at it like cable television. Do you think former generations that were introduced to cable television, said, "Now wait a minute, what has this television done to our family time, I think I will just take it back to the store?!" I don't hardly think so; however, it is a similar comparison  of how social media is evolving and sometimes controlling our lives. I know I am just rambling right now, but my fingers got a little "type happy".  Ha! Really though, it is just like anything else, and how we use or abuse things. So, even though I get frustrated with social media, and promise not to post pictures of Delaney using the potty like some mothers do, I will choose to let the words flow and let the audience find me., you might find out you like what I write about. :) You may not even chose to read my blog yourself, but you could see a post that may make someone's day.   I follow great friends that blog, that have asked me to come back to the blog world a time or two....drumroll please......... Devan and Sarah...lol Even though we don't talk everyday, sometimes their blog post is just what you may need to hear, or it maybe something they are going through that you don't feel alone. Check them out! Cheers to bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment