Monday, September 10, 2012

Hot Mess Monday


I know it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted, but the last time I checked in, I said I was going to start stressing less about my weight numbers and focusing more on diet and exercise. Good news is, my size 6 jeans went on pretty well this week. I had been wearing size 8's more, because the 6's were a little too tight for me. Bad news is, I still weigh the same. I mean it is not really bad news, it is just not where I would exactly like to be. I really would like to just knock off ten pounds. I realize some days I eat and do wonderful and just feel like I am "little-miss-"healthy" and other times I have a day(s) where I have no self-control, or I will just be an emotional eater, or I am tired, or Delaney and I just baked cookies for the fun of it, and I probably eat more than I am allotted. I went four days without a soft-drink, and I caved.

My goal is not to be on the cover of sports illustrated, I just want to lose just a few and tone my belly ( that, really, I am super proud and amazed at, that carried my sweet, sweet angel for nine months, but it definitely isn't going to be rocking a bikini anytime soon, lol!)

I have heard that the midsection "pooch" never goes away, hence "mom" jeans and other little new tricks we all are learning, right? Time flies by so fast, and like me, I am like ok, Delaney is 16-months, I should "bouncing back" by now. Granted, nursing did knock off all of my weight I gained while I was pregnant, but things. are.just.different.
 I don't know if it is just me, but I think all of us women sometimes try to beat ourselves up and compare things to other, it is just human nature, but in reality, we all are beautiful, hot mamas. Realistically, I mean, I am sorry, I am not bashing on naturally flat-bellied gals after their babies, but I feel like if I did a poll, we all have mid-section issues, or am I completely off base?

Check out this yahoo article, about women's eight biggest eating mistakes. It was helpful. On anther note, I have never been a huge fan of frozen meals, but has anyone tried Weight Watchers Smart Ones? I have been wondering how they are. Goal this week, try not to have as many non-self control days.  Bottom line, I'll either keep working on it, or just stick to eating healthier and embracing what I have.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment