Friday, July 27, 2012

H54F


Late night H54F post!

1. Laney had her 15-month check-up today and had three shots, (which always stink), but thank the Lord she is healthy and growing. She is a tall girl, (33 1/4 inches, 99th percentile!) On a random note, while waiting a long time in the doctor's office, Delaney played with a little girl named, "Evangeline" and a little boy named, "Cloud", and no these are not imaginary friends. It was definitely a fun "melting pot" with all the kiddos running in the waiting room.  I struck up a conversation with Evangeline's mom, who also has two boys, and she is delaying Evangeline's vaccines because of her son's having reactions to some in the past. I did not ask or prod for more information. I just nodded and smiled. Vaccines scare me about issues too, but I think the risk of the vaccine is a usually a better outcome than an infection, right?

2. Talked to two great gals today, both are "Allison's"! I had lunch with one today at one of my favorite resturants, Saul Good and had a phone date with the other one!


3.  Earlier this week, I made a great homemade body scrub I found on pinterest. It was simple, (sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.)

4. Delaney hadn't been to the local lapsit program at the library for a while. and we finally got to go this week. She had fun!



5. I can't believe my brother is leaving for college soon. I think that just kind of hit me more this week, that he is going to be rocking and rolling at UK in a matter of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment