Thursday, July 26, 2012

Food for Thought: Mac and Cheese

Momma's Melting Pot is melting up some Mac and Cheese!!!!! Boring, yes, but if you are reading, thanks! My little one loves mac and cheese, and I am all about experimenting in the kitchen. Not-to-mention,  I think every American loves Mac and Cheese! I grew up on the "elbow macaroni and Velveeta Cheese" kind-of-thing.  I will settle for Easy Mac or something, but come on now, homemade is better, and I think all that pre-made stuff is loaded with words I can't even spell, nor pronounce.

As I was "pinterest-ing," (surely everyone knows what this term means by now,) I saw a recipe for a "one- pot" mac and cheese dish.  Tonight makes the fourth or fifth time making it, so it must be working around here! Check it out!

I like this recipe because it saves me time. I can be doing other things while I am not having to worry about: waiting for the water to boil, adding the mac, waiting on the mac, draining the mac, and then adding all the other stuff.  However, I am still experimenting with the recipe.  I use Velveeta cheese instead of shredded. Also, I omit the dry mustard and nutmeg. Maybe I should add it next time?

I am sure you are thinking how hard is it to mess up mac and cheese? It is not hard, but I would like to try different versions of mac and cheese. Can't you "sneak" veggies into certain dishes for kids? Or is there a healthier version of Mac and Cheese? Or maybe adding other ingredients to the dish from time-to-time for a little variety? I don't use real butter and I try to use low-fat milk. How do you fix your Mac and Cheese? Would ya add it to "Momma's Melting Pot?" LOL!


1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, we are having Mac N Cheese tonight! Comfort food at it's best!

    ReplyDelete