Friday, August 10, 2012

H54F

Happy Friday Folks!

HiGh FiVe FoR FrIdAY


1. D-bug is officially a big-time-climber now. What am I going to do with this little monkey? Her words she is big on right now is "hug", "gink" for drink, and "mo-mato" for tomatoes, (which she loves).
2. The Olympics are still awesome when I have a chance to watch them for a bit. I may be a nerd, but I think the sychronized swimming is so graceful and beautiful. Maybe because I am a has-been ballerina. HA!

3. I would like to recycle more. Not that I wasn't aware of it before, but it just kind of dawned on me today as I was cleaning, how much plastic and cardboard that fills up the trash. I have recycled paper and cans from time to time, but  is anyone an avid recycle"er"?

4. "Hive- five" to my mom who gave Laney two-new-pair of  adorable shoes because" future WNBA Delaney" is almost in a size six for a 15-month old!

5. Oh Pinterest project of the week, how interesting you were! LOL! I was searching for activities for toddlers,  A "soap cloud" project came up, (microwave the soap to have a big mushy "cloud").  It looked fun, so as I was preparing for this activity, it called for a bar of Ivory soap. I knew I didn't have any Ivory. However, another website DID say you could use Dove soap. What.a.disaster. It did not expand. It collapsed and my kitchen smelled way too strong for just soap and had me coughing my head off. I had to turn on the vent fan and leave the house for a while. Yes, I learned from this, always follow directions. Fast forward a couple days later, I bravely bought some Ivory and had success. It was a great sensory project for Delaney. BTW, the reason Ivory expands when it is heated: http://chemistry.about.com/od/demonstrationsexperiments/a/soaptrick.htm


"Um, I'm no so sure about this stuff mom!"







"This is pretty neat-o!"

No comments:

Post a Comment